Take a step in a sustainable direction with the first ever training and match rugby balls made from recycled tires.
Ever wondered how our recycled balls are made?
- Tires are first cut into small pieces.
- These pieces are crushed and micro-cut again.
- Micro-cut pieces are put in a hot mixer and turned into a thick rubber compound paste.
- The paste is mixed with a minimum of 20% highest grade virgin natural rubber.
- The compound is turned into a ‘sheet’ and laminated with multiple layers of fabric.
- The sheet is hardened in a hot press and cured.
- Panels are cut from the sheet, fitted with a bladder and stitched together.