The Rhino Senior Tackle Ring is one of the leading products in Rugby and American Football for developing technical skill in the tackle contest. The Rhino Ring is a revolutionary piece of equipment with perfect size, weight and feel, that enables athletes to safely work on correct tackle technique on a moving target. Key concepts of the Tackle Ring are to simulate a ball carrier on the run, allow wrapping of the arms, and the ability to track the target at a realistic angle. The ring shape allows the player to fully wrap the arms and drive through the pad, completing a successful tackle. This piece of equipment brings the game full circle with straps for a rugby ball or football, encouraging the players to work to their feet quickly after making a tackle and stealing or picking up the ball.
PROS TO THE SENIOR TACKLE RING:
The ring takes a boring and uninspiring activity of hitting tackle
bags at practice, and makes it a much more technical and rewarding experience. It is also great for:
- Players new to rugby or football
- Creating safer and higher tackle success rates for players
- Teaching proper tackle technique
- Adding new drills to practice
- Building faster instincts for poaching and fumble recovery
- The movement of the ring creates what is traditionally a static target into a moving one. This movement allows the tackler to track the bag and use proper shoulder and head placement to successfully (and safely) complete his or her tackle.
- Teaches the “Hawk” tackle technique which is a rugby style approach
- Using the ring at tackling practice means the days of players tackling players, and risking injuring one another, are over.
Can be used to practice an array of different tackles:
- Front on tackle
- Side on tackle
- Pursuit tackle
- Diagonal tackle
- 47" diameter
- 10” width
- 21 pounds
- Ball not included
- 1 year guarantee
Tackling Cues: If the tacklers aim is too high on the ring they will roll over the top of the bag (simulating a stiff arm). If their aim is too low, then they will not get a solid hold on their target, and the bag will roll or tumble over them (simulating a tackler breaking free). However, if the tackler is able to connect solidly with the sweet spot on the bag (the middle of the bag simulating legs/hips of an opponent), then they will get a firm grip and send it backwards in the collision.
To order contact us here or call us